Choosing the right wormer for your cat or dog
Worming is an important part of being a responsible pet owner, but it can be confusing figuring out which wormer to choose. We’ve come up with three questions you should ask yourself to make choosing the right wormer for your cat or dog easy.
1. Is the wormer suitable for my pet?
Not all wormers are suitable for all pets. They have different weight and age bands, and of course you have wormers for different species of animal. A dog wormer is not suitable for cats and vice versa.
2. What kind of worms does the wormer kill?
The two most common intestinal worms in the UK are roundworms and tapeworms. These are the two worms you definitely want your wormer to be effective against.
If you are travelling abroad with your pet, they may be at risk from other types of worms, so you should make sure you choose a suitable product. Speak to your pet retailer or vet if you are unsure if the wormer you’re thinking of using is suitable.
3. Does the type of wormer work for me and my pet?
Wormers come in different forms – tablets, spot-ons, creams and syrups are just some of the options available.
The method of treatment is more down to personal preference. Younger cats and dogs may prefer to be given a worming cream or worming syrup. Some owners may prefer to use a course of tablets over a few weeks, while others may want the convenience of a single, one dose treatment.
You know your pet best, so think about which method of worming treatment is best for you both.
Why should I choose Beaphar WORMclear® to worm my pet?
1. Easy to get. 2. Easy to afford. 3. Easy to give.
1. Easy to get
Gone are the days when you’d have to wait for a vet appointment and be prescribed a worming product. Beaphar WORMclear® is available from your pet shop or online without a prescription, so you can get it when you need it.
2. Easy to afford
Beaphar WORMclear® provides pets and owners with a high-quality, vet strength product at a very affordable price. The affordability of Beaphar WORMclear® does not mean that it is less effective. It contains the same active ingredients as brands sold by vets. It also has a Vm number (veterinary medicine number) printed on pack, so you know you have a licenced product.
3. Easy to give
Made with cats’ and dogs’ tastes in mind, Beaphar WORMclear® Tablets have a delicious, meaty flavour. Most pets will take them without a struggle, often straight from your hand. But for particularly fussy pets, you can also give them with food.
Choose a suitable Beaphar WORMclear® for your pet
- Beaphar WORMclear® Worming Tablets for CatsBeaphar WORMclear® tablets work fast to kill all types of common intestinal worm found in UK cats (roundworms and tapeworms). These meaty-flavoured tablets are easy to give with or without food. Suitable for cats and kittens from 6 weeks of age and weighing more than 1kg. Can also be given to nursing queens.
- Beaphar WORMclear® Worming Tablets for Dogs (up to 20kg)Beaphar WORMclear® Tablets work fast to kill all types of common intestinal worm found in UK dogs (roundworms, whipworms, hookworms and tapeworms). These pork-flavoured tablets are easy to give with or without food. Suitable for dogs and puppies from 2 weeks of age and weighing more than 3kg. Can also be used in nursing dogs.
- Beaphar WORMclear® Worming Tablets for Dogs (up to 40kg)Beaphar WORMclear® Tablets work fast to kill all types of common intestinal worm found in UK dogs (roundworms, whipworms, hookworms and tapeworms). These pork-flavoured tablets are easy to give with or without food. Suitable for dogs and puppies from 2 weeks of age and weighing more than 3kg. Can also be used in nursing dogs.